Nepal | June 18, 2019

Sorry, there is no content matching your search keywords.

Please try using other keywords.

More Stories from The Himalayan Times

  • Education

    Govt bars pupils from pursuing non-academic courses abroad

    Kathmandu, June 12 Nepali students, who wish to pursue non-academic courses, like vocational education or language courses in countries such as Australia and Japan, will not be allowed to do so from now onwards, thanks to the government’s radical move aimed at curtailing the rights of high scho...

  • Science & Technology

    Huawei files to trademark mobile OS around the world after US ban

    LIMA/MEXICO CITY: China’s Huawei is in the process of potentially launching its “Hongmeng” operating system (OS) to replace the US Android OS, an executive said on Thursday, after Reuters reported that the company has applied to trademark the OS in various countries. Data from a UN body sho...

  • Sports

    Rodrygo ready to wait for his chance to shine at Real Madrid

    MADRID: Real Madrid's new 45 million euro ($50.40 million) signing Rodrygo is aware of the huge competition for places and said on Tuesday that he was prepared to spend time in the reserves as he beds into his new surroundings. Rodrygo, 18, agreed to join Madrid last year shortly after breaki...

  • Nepal

    Government withdraws much controversial Guthi Bill

    KATHMANDU: The government has decided to withdraw the controversial Guthi Bill as pressure started mounting from all quarters demanding withdrawal of the bill. The bill, which received outrage from various ethnic communities, especially the Newar community, had provisions which critics said woul...

  • Business

    Huawei CEO expects sales to drop to $100 billion in 2019, 2020

    HONG KONG: China’s Huawei Technologies Co Ltd expects sales to drop to around $100 billion this year and the next, CEO Ren Zhengfei said on Monday, as its business comes under pressure due to US sanctions. The company had reported revenue of 721.2 billion yuan ($104.16 billion) last year, u...

  • Oddities

    India’s Tendulkar sues Australian cricket bat maker over $2 mln in royalties

    SYDNEY: Indian cricket great Sachin Tendulkar has filed a civil lawsuit against an Australian bat manufacturer, accusing it of using his name and image to promote products and then failing to pay him $2 million in royalties. In Federal Court papers filed this month and reviewed by Reuters, Te...