There are many stressful situations — at work, home, on the road and in public places. We may feel stressed because of poor communication, too much work and everyday hassles like standing in line. Emergency stress stoppers help you deal with stress on the spot. Try these emergency stress stoppers. You may need different ones for different situations and sometimes
it helps to combine them.
• Count to 10 before you speak.
• Take three to five deep breaths.
• Walk away from the stressful sit-
uation, and say you will handle it later.
• Go for a walk.
• Do not be afraid to say you are sorry if you make a mistake.
• Set your watch five to 10 minutes ahead to avoid the stress of being late.
• Break down big problems into
smaller parts. For example, answer one letter or phone call per day, instead of dealing with everything at once.
• Drive in the slow lane or avoid
busy roads to help you stay calm
• Smell a rose, hug a loved one or smile at your neighbour.