PHALEBAS: An epidemic of viral fever spread in the villages of Parbat district has not yet come under control. Scores of people have taken ill due to an epidemic outbreak of viral and typhoid fever for the past one week.
Following the outbreak of epidemic, the District Hospital, Parbat has sent a health team along with medicines to the disease-affected areas, according to Dr. Sagar Rajbhandari.
The Janasewa Primary School based in Barrachaur VDC- 1 has been closed whereas the Aambari Secondary School and other schools in the surrounding are witnessing only fifty percent attendance of students after the outbreak of the disease, said school principal Ganesh Poudel.
Most of the affected have the symptoms of dizziness, headache, vomiting and high fever.
Over hundred patients visit the local health clinic daily seeking treatment. Of them, 80 per cent are found suffering from the viral fever while the remaining 20 per cent from typhoid fever, said local maternity worker Kopila Thapa.