KATHMANDU: The fourteen people who died in the Agni Air Dornier aircraft crash in Makawanpur on Tuesday morning have been identified.
The victims include six foreigners--four Americans, one Japanese and one Briton, and eight Nepalis including three crew members.
Captain Laxman Pratap Bikram Shah, co-pilot Sophia Singh and air hostess Sahara Sherpa were the crew members.
The Agni Air ticket record identified the other victims as as H. Rijal, P. Amgain, P. Bhote, P. Sharma and R. Rai. The identity of the fifth victim could not be known.
The small aircraft apparently crashed at Bastipur of Shikarapur in Makwanapur at around 7:30 a.m. this morning while returning to Kathmandu after failing to land in Lukla Airport in Solukhumbu due to bad weather conditions.
Preliminary information suggested that failure of the engine was the cause of the accident.
Name list of victims:
1. Pilot Laxman Pratap Bikram Shah
2. Co-pilot Sophia Singh
3. Air hostess Sahara Sherpa
4. H. Rijal
5. P. Amgain
6. P. Bhote
7. R. Rai
8. P. Sharma
9. Heather Finch (American national)
10. Irina Shekhets (American national)
11. Kendra Fallon (American national)
12. Levzi Cordoso (American national)
13. Yuki Hayashe (Japanese national)
14. Jeremy Taylor (British national)