HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE
Here’s how to make jewelleries like necklace and bracelet from leftover uncooked macaroni or penne pasta. You can paint or colour pasta using colour pens, create beautiful pieces of jewellery and give them as gifts. But ask your mum before using the pasta.
You will need
• Uncooked macaroni or penne pasta
• String or thread
• Colour pens or acrylic paintInstructions
1. Collect some pasta, enough to make a necklace that can be slipped easily over the head. If you are making a bracelet, then it should easily slip off your wrist.
2 Paint or colour the pasta with colour pens or marker in different colours. Let them dry completely. The necklace or bracelet will also look nice even if you don’t colour them.
3. Measure the string for the necklace or bracelet and cut it about four inches longer than you need so that there will be enough space to tie a knot. Make sure the string is not too tight in your neck or wrist.
4. Now thread the pasta into the string one by one. When you finish threading, tie the two ends of the string together. And your beautiful necklace or bracelet is ready to wear. —