HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE
During the summer days, you will easily find empty soda cans or juice cans lying around your home. And those cans can be turned into a nice candle holder to brighten the load shedding hours. It is very easy to make but you have to be very careful of the can’s sharp edges while cutting and folding. Ask help from your elders if necessary.
You will need
• Soda can
• Knife or a pair of scissors
• Measuring tape
• Marker pen
1. Poke a hole on the side of the can, quite near to the top. Then with a pair of scissors or knife, cut off and remove the top part.
2. Use the measuring tape and mark 16 equal parts with a marker pen. Cut 16 equal strips vertically down the can.
3. Flatten all the strips like a sun shape.
4. Now take one of the strips and fold it over the first strip and tuck it under the second strip.
5. Fold all the remaining strips in the same way. Tuck in the last strip into the gap between the first and second folded strips.
Your candle holder is ready.